A guided tour of 4 Madonne Caseificio dell’Emilia will offer you an incredible opportunity to experience firsthand the process of Parmigiano Reggiano making and meet people who work here every day, all year round to craft this excellence and preserve traditions. During the tour you will be unveiled the secrets of this cheese and finally taste it.
The tour of 4 Madonne Caseificio dell’Emilia starts from the processing department and continues along the corridor with a close-up look at different steps of the production cycle, including pre-salting room, salting vats containing about 2,100 wheels and warm room. Then it finally reaches the warehouse, with 33,570 Parmigiano Reggiano wheels being cured and ends with the cutting and packaging laboratory.
The tour will be completed by a tasting session combining different ages of Parmigiano Reggiano and some other fresh cheese, served with typical selected products and accurately explained by the guide. The annexed store sells Parmigiano Reggiano DOP and a wide range of other traditional food items.
The factory is easy to reach by car/ van/coach/shuttle bus/taxi and has a large parking lot. The building complies with all safety and architectural parameters.
Book your guided tour!
- All guided tours are in English or in Italian and are arranged UPON RESERVATION ONLY.
- Tour and tasting last about 1 hour.
- For large groups made of 30 people or more, a special BASE tasting (two ages of Parmigiano Reggiano and water) is offered and charged € 10,00/person.
Guided tours take place all mornings. RESERVATION MUST BE SUBMITTED
- 1 WEEK EARLIER (FOR FAMILIES OR SMALL GROUPS)
- 1 MONTH EARLIER (FOR LARGE GROUPS).
Afternoon tours are only arranged for groups with 30 people minimum.
Pets are not allowed on the premises. All areas are accessible for wheel-chair users.
- All tours are granted UPON RESERVATION ONLY.