Parmigiano Reggiano needs no presentation. Throughout its nine-century-long history till now, processing and ingredients have remained unchanged. Our Parmigiano Reggiano is daily made with a careful eye to tradition, background and the surrounding area of production.
Ingredients used to make Parmigiano Reggiano are wholly natural: milk, rennet, salt ... passion and love! Parmigiano Reggiano is 100% natural and additive-free: its long maturation does not require any preservatives. Here you can find details on nutritional properties.
The feeding of dairy cows involves locally grown fodder and genuine respect for the surrunding area. Cows are milked twice a day, as wanted by our nine-hundred-year-old tradition.
There are different ages of maturation of Parmigiano Reggiano: 12 months, 18 months, 24 months, 30 months, 36 months. Older maturations are also periodically available for the ones who want to enjoy a more intense taste and a more grainy and drier texture. Each age of maturation offers different features and flavours that identify its uniqueness and make it a perfect pairing with locally-made wines, honey, mostarda and fruit jams. These are the types of Parmigiano Reggiano that you can buy from our online shop, in 1/2 kg to 1 kg vacuum sealed packages:
- Parmigiano Reggiano PDO aged over 12 months;
- Parmigiano Reggiano PDO aged over 18 months;
- Parmigiano Reggiano PDO aged over 24 months;
- Parmigiano Reggiano PDO aged over 30 months;
- Parmigiano Reggiano PDO aged over 36 months;
- Parmigiano Reggiano PDO aged over 40 months;
- Parmigiano Reggiano PDO aged over 50 months;
- Parmigiano Reggiano PDO aged over 60 months;;
- Parmigiano Reggiano PDO aged over 70 months.
Half a wheel of Parmigiano Reggiano (17 to 20 kg weight) is also available. Order it now.
Other types of Parmigiano Reggiano
In addition to the above mentioned maturations, different types of Parmigiano Reggiano, namely "Red Cows", "Brown Cows", Organic" and "Mountain Product" are also available on our e-shop and local retails.
- Learn more about Parmigiano Reggiano "Red Cows";
- Learn more about Parmigiano Reggiano "Organic";
- Lear more about Parmigiano Reggiano "Mountain Product";
- Learn more about Parmigiano Reggiano "Brown Cows".
Where you can buy and store the real Parmigiano Reggiano
At Caseificio 4 Madonne, Parmigiano Reggiano is sold in stored or online, so you can always have it at home! Here are our stores where Parmigiano Reggiano together with many other local food and wine products are always on stock . If you want to learn how to store it, here you will find some useful tips!
4 Madonne Caseificio dell'Emilia is a chesse factory and a member of the Consortium of Parmigiano Reggiano. Cheese is made in compliance with EU's PDO (Protected Designation of Origin) regulations. Parmigiano Reggiano has a precise and limited production area in order to safeguard its identity. The place of origin includes the areas of Parma, Reggio Emilia, Modena, Bologna (on the left side of the river Reno) and Mantua (on the right side of the river Po).